In order to give a qualitative and quantitative leap in the sector, the Argentina Chamber of Certified Organic Producers (Capoc) became part of Argentine Movement for Organic Production (MAPO).
MAPO, founded in 1995, is a nongovernmental organization that brings together producers, certifiers, researchers, scientists, technicians, educators, entrepreneurs, consumers and traders, who established the conformation of the organic production standards with government agencies.
The CAPOC (Argentine Chamber of Certified Organic Producers) was created in 1998. From the very beginning, CAPOC has been committed to assisting organic sector companies in their efforts to trade their products more professionally in the foreign market with a view to incresing and diversifying their exports and improving market access.
CAPOC is a business association which, institutionally speaking, provides the organic sector a more energetic and dynamic nature. In accordance with the mission, a number of activities are carried out in pursuit of the industry and the members’ growth.
Ten main objetives:
– To increase organic products trade
– To make the organic sector and its companies more competitive
– To work towards transparency in the certification process
– To defend the interests of all our members
– To improve the quality of certified products
– To protect Argentine products
– To act as representative before International Chambers of Commerce and foreign diplomatic representations
– To promote Argentine organic products
– To advise the public sector on the best policies to be adopted to benefit the organic sector
– To rationally promote the business growth.
For more info visit www.mapo.org.ar